Unable to sort fields in legend as per Graphical view

Syed Rahman shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Can you please help me out with sorting or rearranging field in legends as per they appear in graphs.

Currently, they are sorted alphabetically. Attached is the screenshot.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out. The legend order is the same as the order of the fields in the Vertical Axes listing location, unless you are on a combined chart, in which case they will be grouped by the plot they are on and then sorted by the field order. In your case, this means if you want the line chart to be on top of the bar, the line chart would be listed in the legend first, as it is here. If you were to switch Chart 1 (Line), Chart 2 (Bar) to Chart 1 (Bar), Chart 2 (Line):

00c28bdc49ed75228549656bb0ba1ad6

And change the settings for each Metric:

6b5d62b18132bf04c0cda478ddfdc738

You'd switch the legends, but then the line would be behind the bar. I'm afraid there's no way around this aspect.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the above solution before but as you quoted the line metric goes behind bar metric, that is not what we want to display.

Is there any workaround or any further enhancements in YF in upcoming updates.

Regards,

Syed

photo

Hi Syed,

Actually the enhancement that was recently put in place was to allow legend sorting based on series placement in the Axes, including grouping it by plot first. However, there's currently no control over how to sort the plots themselves. Would you like me to create an enhancement request to allow for this?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Syed,

I'm just going to switch this to an Idea ticket, as it's already public facing and if we get some votes on it we'll go ahead and put it forth as an enhancement.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Yes, please consider it for enhancement.

Thanks & Regard,

Syed

Syed Sabaur Rahman

IKS Health

Office: (+91) 22 3071 7097

Mobile: (+91) 916-739-8863

US: (+1) 888-982-5006

www.ikshealth.com | syed.rahman@ikshealth.com

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Syed,

Nevermind. I was incorrect. The legend sorting, including the plot, is going to follow your order in the Vertical Axis. It's just a matter of setup. As you can see, I now have my Sum Invoice Estimate on top of Sum Invoiced Amount:

120e2d38711401a626b797c9627516d9

You just have to set Chart 1 to Line, and Chart 2 to bar. Then to get the Line to list first on the legend, you just have to have it first in the Vertical Axis. If you wanted it to display the first one second on the legend, you'd put it under Sum Invoiced Amount, in this example but Sum Invoice Estimate would still be on top:

775c9a1a852f07b32f542ced2e3174e5

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Syed,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Syed,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mik e;

Leave a Comment

Attach a file