Does Yellowfin support Azure Active Directory or SSO?

Avijit Samanta shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Does Yellowfin support Azure Active Directory or SSO?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Avijt,

Yellowfin supports LDAP, and SSO through our administration web-services. If you are using another directory than LDAP you will need to code your own connection to that directory through our SSO web-services.

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER74/Administration+Service

Let me know if this makes sense, or if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Nathans

photo

Hi Nathan, can you little elaborate if I want to connect Azure AD authentication with Yf Authenticationm how should I write my own code to do that? I have see the documentation, but not very clear on this.

photo

Hi Avijit,

Yellowfin's SSO integration is designed to allow you to pass a user's credentials straight to Yellowfin so that they do not need to login via the Yellowfin UI.

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/YFWebsite-Marketplace-77991

After navigating to the marketplace, go to "pre-built content" and select "Admin Audit Package"

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, I am not sure how Audit package is connected to SSO capability. I think I was not able to clarify my question on SSO.

The scenario is, if a existing Azure AD user can be provisioned to Yellowfin with SAML which Azure support from it's App market place. So, that when that user tries to login to Yellowfin portal, it would be authenticated against Azure AD credentials and get a valid access token to access Yellowfin resource.

photo

Hi Avijit,

I am very sorry I must have typed on this ticket thinking it was another.

Audit Package clearly has nothing to do with SSO :)

The YF SSO is intended to create a seamless link between your application and YF so that when a user logs into your application they do not need to then log in again to Yellowfin.

If you are currently using this Azure AD elsewhere you can pass the creds straight through to YF users that have been pre-created with those same credentials.

Unfortunately there is no way to other way to integrate these two at the moment. We are looking into a more long term solution for SAML, but that is still a ways off.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Avijit,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file