Report Import with CSV view as Append

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hey guys, Dor Here

Upon importing a report with an append, which that append is a CSV file - the import interface where you can choose the view for the master query and appends - doesn't show CSV files.

YF ver 7.2 build 20170602

bests,

Dor & Tal

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Dor,

I was able to replicate the issue over here so I have raised product defect YFN-9856 so that it will be fixed.

I also tested for this bug in 7.3 and 7.4 and found it doesn't exist in those versions.

If you would like a workaround to this issue then please have a look at this Knowledge Base article. which will show you how to make a normal view out of the CSV View, and then adjust the export file so that during the import process you can point the report to the normal view instead of the CSV View.

regards,

David

photo

Hey David!

I want to update you that we've tried that in 7.4, but at first we got a warning saying the report was exported from previous version of Yellowfin, then we didn't see any option to change the views accordingly.

Can you please help us here ?

photo

Hi Dor,

Got some good news for you.

The ability to import against a view created from CSV is possibly in 7.3+.

See screen below, both the main & sub - query are importing against the CSV view.

ba6152b642cb896002e75f2c7ba096a3

If there is something I'm missing, or if you have any issues post upgrade, please let me know.

Regards,

David

photo

Hey David!

That's great. I have actually tried to import a 7.2 report, which is a XML file, and that was my problem..

But I guess that after our upgrade to 7.4, that wouldn't be a problem.

photo

Yeah it all should all just work. Just let me know how it goes post upgrade and we can investigate further if we need be.

photo

Hi Guys,

Hope thing are well over there. Just wanting to check in on this to see how it's all going?

Are you getting the expected results now?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hey Dor,

I know it's been ages. Just wanted to bug you on this before I close it down.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Dor, hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity.However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file