7.4 performance drop

PeterLalor shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Has anyone else noticed a massive drop in performance on the latest version of YF when editing and maintaining views? It takes about 10 mins to add a new folder to a view or to 'prepare' data in a view. Performance actually constructing reports and running reports seems OK, but anything to do with maintaining views seems almost unusable now.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Peter,

There are definitely changes in the view builder that were made in 7.3, though nothing specifically in 7.4.

The whole previewing data and adding fields, viewing tables were changed, and we did see performance hits when previewing the data , which is mostly expected.

In these cases we just recommend to turn off the data previewing, as mentioned here to combat this.

If this does not solve your issue, we will need to investigate this in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David, I came to the same conclusion (using the preview function was basically unworkable) and as expected performance is now much better. Thanks for your help. I think you can close this off.

Regards,

Peter Lalor

photo

Yeah just one of those things, good idea to show the data, but then there is the 'if it takes longer, and I don't really need to see it...' .

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after.

Thanks,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file