How to setup a default email template for all orgs?

Paul Dowling shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to set a default email template for all the orgs in the Yellowfin. I have changed the values for the default org, However, these changes are not propogated to child orgs.

Unfortunately we can't give the Email Template management feature to our client Orgs because the permissions to access this feature give access to other admin functions they can't be given.

Is there a way of propogating the default email template to the client orgs?

This was raised previously under - https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-how-to-setup-a-default-email-template-for-all-orgs-thread-155546

This ticket mentions that an enhancement ticket was raised for this (155568) has this moved forward at all?

Thanks

Paul

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Paul,

It does not look like this has been implemented yet, but it should be possible for us to achieve this through a config DB query for a short-term fix if you are interested?

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

That would be really helpful.

We are currently in a system test phase before we use Yellowfin in production from next month. If you could provide a short term fix we could try out in test that would be great

Thanks

photo

Hi Paul,

Actually, I was looking in the wrong place... when saving the email template in the default organization, there is now a prompt to save the changes to the client organization's email template.

I am not exactly sure what build this was added in, but is upgrading a possibility here?'

Nathan

photo

Hi Paul,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file