Error retrieving results notification on Dashboard

Rahul Mallampati shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Currently I'm using Yellowfin BI 7.4, I have created a dashboard using csv file as a data source saving it in Yellowfin repository database. After a day when i logged into my account I'm getting an error notification on reports saying Error retrieving results (An error occurred retrieving the results from database). Please refer to the attached image for error details.

Please provide a quick solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Rahul,

Typically these errors are accompanied by a full stack-trace in the logs.

Can you replicate this error again, visit your logs folder (yourYFInstall/appserver/logs), and send me the yellowfin.log file?

This will be able to tell us a bit more about what exactly is going wrong.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

HI Nathan,

Now i"m facing a new issue along with the previous one, my Yellowfin is not starting. Whenever i run the start batch file it is closing after few seconds. I've checked the services they are up and running. Attaching the Catalina log file.

Regards,

Rahul

photo

Hi Rahul,

It sounds like Java got updated on this instance and you will need to tell Yellowfin to use this new Java version.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/yellowfin-is-unable-to-start-after-upgrade-to-latest-java-version

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I have tried the steps to run tomcat server through command prompt for modifying Java options in Java tab. But i dont have any Java tab in Yellowfin Services. Please find the attached image.

Regards,

Rahul

photo

Hi Rahul,

The Java tab is only available when you run this command:

tomcatXw.exe //ES//Yellowfin

Is this what you already tried?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I have tried running the tomcat.exe through cmd but still i dont get any java tab.

Regards,

Rahul

photo

Hi Rahul,

Another thing worth trying:

tomcatXw.exe //RS//Yellowfin

If this does not work then your best be might be to remove and re-install this service (you do not need to re-install YF, just the windows service:

sc delete Yellowfin
service install Yellowfin

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I have tried deleting the service but when i'm trying to install the service again the command cannot be executed. Please find the error attached.

Regards,

Rahul

photo

Hi Rahul,

Sorry for the delay, "service" should work when you are in the appserver/bin folder...

You might have luck doing ./service install instead?

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Rahul,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file