Column width changing after adding to dashboard

Leela krishna shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello Yellowfin Team,

I have done section wise report. After adding the report in dashboard the column width is coming different for every section automatically. But we need to get same column width in every section. Please find the below screen shot for your reference.If any possible ways is there then please let us know.

Thank you.2989b52ed5111d31b282282cbc881112

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Leela,

I have been trying to reproduce this issue over here but so far unfortunately I have not been able to:

so it is not possible for me to test out a way to fix this, however, I would say that is worth trying to explicitly set the column width of every column and see if that helps. This may be done either by dragging the column borders as explained in this wiki article, or alternatively you can set it as a numeric width in Column Formatting-><column name>->Data->Column Width:

and if we are unlucky and that doesn't help, then it would certainly help me to aid you if I could reproduce the issue over here, so with that in mind could you please tell me more about how you have built and formatted your report and dashboard tab. For example, I can see you're alternating the row shading, and also you have Suppress Duplicates turned on for the Column Formatting, and if there is anything else that you have done then please tell me.

thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. We have changed column width but that is applied to report level only. after adding to dashboard that width is changing. This is an high priority requirement please try to give any other solution.

Thank you.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Leela,

the only other thing I can think of is to try Yellowfin's CustomCSS feature.

I've tested it out on my sectionwise report on a dashboard tab and it seems to work. For example, see below, you use the browser Inspect utility to find out the element's class name, then add it to a customCSS file along with any properties you would like to modify and then paste it into the customcss folder (<yellowfin>\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\customcss). I've attached the file ("ResetDashColumnWidth.css") I used in my Yellowfin, you will have to adjust it for your Yellowfin.

I hope that works for you, please let me know how it goes.

regards,

David

/kY6DAAAAAAAAACDiHQYAAAAAAAAAAYR6TAAAAAAAAAADCLSYQAAAAAAAAAYRG46DAAAAAAAAAAYNP8PaZZO0SPj1okAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

photo

Hi Leela,

I'm in the process of cleaning up my work list and I noticed that this ticket is still open and in the "Awaiting Reply' status, so I'm just wondering how this issue is going over there - did you get a chance yet to try that CSS file I attached? And if so, how did it go? If you could let us know that would be great!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Leela,

there has been no response to my previous post to you a month ago so this ticket will be closed now.

However, if you ever want to reopen it, then all you have to do is to add a new post to it and that will automatically change the ticket's status to "In Progress" which in turn will place it back again in our work queue.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file