Using drill down feature within the report builder

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

When we check the drill down feature withing the report builder - it gets stuck and will not work until we refresh the whole page.

Only when we use it in "Output" - it will work good.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Tal,

Thanks for your email. I believe you are using 7.2, 20170602.

I am just wondering if there are any errors logged in the log file at the instance of when clicked on Drill Down in the Report Builder.

We haven't seen such situation earlier.

If it possible for you to test it with different fields where drill down is possible.

I have tested it using SKI team and couldn't replicate the issue.

Please let me know if I need to follow some different steps to build the report and replicate the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hey Mahe! Dor Here

Yes we are using 7.2 20170602

There are no error logged in the log file upon clicking on drill down.

I've tested it with 2 different drill down dimensions and it reacts the same,

Did you tried it in the "Data" section of the report builder ?

Bests

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor,

Yes, I have tried in the "Data" Section of the Report Builder and it works alright.

Please test it with different columns and see if that works. Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hey Mahe ! Dor here

Still not working with 2 other columns of the same kind :(

Can we screenshare, preferably with the UK team (due to time zones issues) and let you see whats happening ?

Thanks !

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

We've reached out to the UK office to see what their calendars are like, I know they're usually under the pump.

Will get back to you once we hear back!

Thanks, and sorry for the delays.

The alternative is to get your DB, and snippet of data for testing.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Tal,

I'll look into it this further when we have all of the components of your setup so I can work on replicating.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

Can you please give me an example of a Dimension that has a Drill Down setup where you're experiencing this issue so I can see if I can replicate it?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

I've been able to replicate this in your instance of 7.2, as well as after running the upgrade installer, and have raised this as a Defect to be addressed by our development team in our internal bug tracking system under 10144. Updates regarding this matter will be posted in this ticket.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike ! I'm truly for my delay on your previous response.

That's awesome !! Waiting for your update :)

photo

Hi Dor,

Updates regarding this matter will be posted in this ticket as they become available.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hey Mike!

I wonder if there's any update for this ticket?

photo

Hi Dor,

I do not have an update on this as of yet. However, considering this works correctly from the end-user side of the report (the design/output stage), and considering this seems to be specific to your instance (never had another client experience this behavior), I'm not so sure there'll be any action on this. Of course this is ultimately not for me to decide, but in the name of being forthcoming, I'm just hoping to align expectations a bit regarding this one. Regardless of this, I've chased for an update regarding this, and I'll let you know when I hear something!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Dor,

Does this issue still occur for you now that you've upgraded to 7.4?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi guys,

Just to let you know we're doing some housekeeping so will be closing this one off. I believe this is fixed in newer builds. However, let me know if you're experiencing this in version 8 or newer.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file