Browse All - only shows Browse Dashboards

Vicky shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

We are trying to figure out how to only show Browse All - dashboards to users (hide browse storyboards, reports) . Any idea?

Thanks,

Vicky

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vicky,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately this is expected behaviour and we don't have a way to achieve what you are wanting... The option of Browse All will simply display all the areas listed within this menu;

Dashboards | Reports | Storyboards | Discussion Streams | Views

ed56a4a521e4c11f30c73f85053870f4

If you are looking to only have the Dashboards available at browse level then we would simple select Browse > Dashboard. This would be the only way around this.

Apologies for not being able to assist any further. If you have any questions regarding my response please feel free to ask. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. No worries, I can take hide browse all as workaround.

Best wishes,

Vicky

photo

Hi Mark,

Our goal is not letting end users to browse all reports, but giving them permission to browse all dashboards. I am thinking to create a folder called Dashboards, containing all dashboards i created. But it looks like dashboard must be stored with related reports and views? that is, when i am trying to pick where to store dashboards, I cannot see 'Dashboard' folder. Do i have the right guess?

Thanks,

Vicky

photo

Hi Vicky,

This is a tricky one... You would be right in thinking what you have said but as it stands our only option would be to use the option of Browse > Dashboards as a workaround. Apologies for this news Vicky.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Vicky,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base on this to see if you are happy with me marking this Question as Answered?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Vicky,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this Question as Answered. I hope you don't mind.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file