export multiple reports in one file

Garrett Hunter shared this idea 7 years ago
Not Planned

I am looking for a method of combining multiple reports into one tabbed view that allows me to export the results as a single file with each report on its own tab. The reports may have no link between each other due to filters or data but still need to be on the same file. I need the ability to add multiple tabs in this view.

Co-display is not working as it will not export each report on a separate tab.

Any options?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. To clarify, are you referring to an Excel export, where separate tabs would be separate worksheets?

Unfortunately, if this is what you are referring to, it will not be possible to achieve in Yellowfin. However I can create an enhancement request to include this function if you are interested.

If this is not what you are referring to, any clarification you can provide to help me get on the same page would be very helpful!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

That is basically what I am looking for. I want Report A on Tab 1 and Report B on Tab 2 and so forth. Random combinations in this manner that will all be exported to the same report. If its not an option I understand. Thanks for your time.

photo

Hi Garrett,

No problem, as I do understand the use case for this, I am going to convert this question into an idea so that the community has an opportunity to vote on it. (At the end of each month the product team will review all ideas selecting the most feasible and popular for future inclusion)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Usually how long will this process take from an idea to implementation?

This is because at the moment, it is a need on my side. Any workaround?

Regards

Mulyadi

photo

Hi Mulyadi,

Unfortunately we will not have any time estimate until the idea has been reviewed by the product team. Implementation depends highly on how hard this will be for the developers. However if this is a pressing need, I would suggest looking into exporting these to CSV and then employing a Python script (or other scripting language) to convert these into a single, multi sheet, excel workbook.

While this is not ideal and will take a while to research and implement properly, it should achieve the results you are seeking.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you.

Regards,

Mulyadi

photo
photo

Hi Garrett,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though unfortunately there are no plans to support such a feature.

We bank on the fact that you can use co-displays or multi-charts to export reports, and in the very near future you can use the dashboard to export multiple reports.

This specific idea of choosing which reports to export to a single excel sheet (separated by tabs) is not something we will be planning to implement.

If you had any other quesions/ides/problems, please let us know.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file