Series Selection Style missing on Area Charts

Mie Holm shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi

I am trying to create an area chart with visible series selection.

If I use an area chart, as used in your demos, the Series Selections Style option is missing on the Chart Format page.

I am using Yellowfin 7.2 build 20160907

Best regards

Mie Holm

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Mie,

Thanks for getting in touch. It does seem odd that those additional options are missing from Area charts. I'm going to go ahead and convert this ticket into an Idea, so that it can be reviewed by the product team for implementation in a future build. Please let us know if you have any questions about this!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Has this been resolved? I am having issues with the series selection also. The options in the demo do not appear for me, even though I have used similar data to the demo and the same type of chart as the demo, however there are no options showing under visible series selection, just to turn it on or off but that is all. I have the most recent version.

photo

Hi Lisa/Mie,

Apologies for the delayed response on this.

I believe the reason why you don't have the additional series selection options, is due to your field not being a date/time field.

The additional formatting options are only available for time-series charts.

Here is an Area chart with time series enabled:

0aedffb3545b573796836029b017656c

To enable time series, just use the drop-down.

583c359b9ddfe82b39e8604e06304714

Please let me know if you still have troubles with this.

Regards,

David

photo

HI Lisa/Mie,

Just checking in on this to ensure this has resolved your issue.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Lisa/Mie,

Hope things are going well over there. Just checking in.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Guys,

I'm going to assume the previous response resolved your issue. If it did not please let me know.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file