Missing columns in Join From table.

Pratap Singh shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

In view Builder, there are a lot of columns missing on the list, What are criteria to show columns in the list? Does it show all the columns in Table or some selected columns?

Attached image for reference.

Regards

Pratap

Replies (2)

photo

The list on the left is predicated on the datatypes available in the table on the right. To prove this I created a virtual table with the sql:

select 1 col1, '3435' col2, cast('12/13/2013' as datetime) col3

Then, I joined from one of the tables that has datetime/timestamp columns. Went back into the virtual table and removed the datetime column(col3) and the list of available columns to join from was reduced by the number of datetime/timestamp fields. I'm not sure how picky this is, e.g. VARCHAR(10) => VARCHAR(20) or VARCHAR() vs. NVARCHAR(). Actually, I just tested that and it is not that picky.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply,

Don't know but how this happened but when I have removed the table from query builder and reinserted it, now I am able to see all the columns.

Regards

Partap

photo

Wonderful news! All is well again in your world! Have a great day!

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

I am pleased all is well, it's good to see our community members helping each other. Can you confirm this is all resolved?

Larry - Thank you for the input, we really appreciate users helping here in the community.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file