Performance to open dashboards

Ederson Kamphorst shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

hi folks,

I have a lot of problems when I open dashboards, it is too slowly. the same SQL scripts that the dashboard runs are very fast, something about 4 seconds. But the dashboard needs something about 30 seconds to load all reports.

When I look to the tomcat logs, without debug, I see a loot of lines reporting "Null reference code requested", can this be the problem?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Ederson,

The warning you refer to is very common and will not cause performance delays.

I think the best route here will be to run our info threads tool for the duration of this report load:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/infothreadrunner

Can you collect these, zip the files up, and send them to me? Hopefully this will tell us what is taking so much time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

this is the generated file.

Thank you for now.

photo

Hi Ederson,

It looks like there is a lot going on during this time though none of these are a sole culprit.

Could you please zip and send me your entire logs folder? (youryfinstall/appserver/logs)

My guess is that this more has to do with a backed up queue at some point in the process.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Ok,

If you need, I can activate the Debug logs.

Files: logs.zip
photo

Hi Ederson,

I assume that you are using the vertica DB for this dashboard?

Looking through the source log for this (source.70016.log) we can see this error very frequently:

2018-01-25 13:12:51 WARN: [70016] [1568] No connections available. Waiting for a connection to be returned.
2018-01-25 13:12:51 WARN: [70016] [1571] No connections available. Waiting for a connection to be returned.
2018-01-25 13:12:52 WARN: [70016] [1568] No connections available. Waiting for a connection to be returned.

This means that Yellowfin is attempting to create a connection to the DB to run a report's SQL query, but cannot connect until another connection has been opened.

I would recommend going to the data source settings for this specific data source and increasing max connections to the 25-50 range.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thanks for the help, I did not configure the connection pool parameters after I reinstall the 7.4 version. It was executing only 5 queries at a time. Sorry about that.

photo

Hi Ederson,

All good! Let me know if you run into any more problems with this.

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file