Transformation flow from amazon S3

David Rice shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to read a csv file from an Amazon S3 bucket and load into Amazon redshift using a Transformation Flow in Yellowfin?

Yellowfin is running on EC2 and can connect to Redshift.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay here, we have been pretty slammed recently.

I am not entirely sure how an Amazon S3 bucket works, but the standard csv input step is limited to Local, Network (eg VPN), and FTP extraction at the moment. If you can configure S3 to be accessible in either way, then yes this will work.

If not then this will be a bit harder. I see that objects contained in S3 buckets are accessible through Rest API calls, so it should not be too difficult to create a custom input step for this.

As we have not released much of the documentation for this yet it will be difficult for you to create your own, but it might still be possible for this to be a paid enhancement.

Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there.

Nathan

photo

Hi David,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan...apologies for not getting back to you! We'll look at creating a custom input step in the future.

photo

No worries and sounds good, let me know if you run into any problems.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file