Report name should be displayed on header while report in edit mode.

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 8 years ago
Completed

Hi,

When we open a report in edit mode we should have a report reference somewhere in the report builder while i am editing, Most convenient place would be at header of report builder, Because sometime users end up modifying wrong/Similar report and they will come to know when they finish editing and run the report in Output step,

Thanks.

Abhijeet

Best Answer
photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your feedback.

What you've proposed would be a useful feature, and has been submitted to the dev team as the task # 225006.

Unfortunately the task has yet to be allocated or planned, so I cannot actually provide an ETA.

Thanks again for raising this idea, as it does help us gauge how much demand there is for this with our YF community.

Regards,

David

Replies (5)

photo

Abhijeet,

Thanks for the idea. We will review in our end of month meeting and see if we can put this into the product plan. Thanks for the help.

Lee

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your feedback.

What you've proposed would be a useful feature, and has been submitted to the dev team as the task # 225006.

Unfortunately the task has yet to be allocated or planned, so I cannot actually provide an ETA.

Thanks again for raising this idea, as it does help us gauge how much demand there is for this with our YF community.

Regards,

David

photo

To be honest this should have been implemented as a feature a LONG time ago. Not displaying the name of the item you are editing on the screen breaks two of the 10 heuristics of user interface design https://www.nngroup.com/articles/ten-usability-heuristics/)

Visibility of system status

The system should always keep users informed about what is going on, through appropriate feedback within reasonable time

Recognition rather than recall

Minimize the user's memory load by making objects, actions, and options visible. The user should not have to remember information from one part of the dialogue to another.

A user's short term memory is a scarce resource and it should never be wasted if at all possible.

I suggest this be implemented as soon as possible.

photo

All fair points Steve, will keep you posted on any updates

photo

Hi Abhijeet/Steve,

I hope all is well,

Mark here from the EMEA Support Team. I am going through some of our "old" tickets that we have within the Yellowfin Enhancement bucket, of which I came across this request. Having looked at this further I can see that this was implemented within our 7.3 release. I have tested this in our latest release of 9.10.0.1 of which you can see this request through the Browser Tab;

8280064a25db90d9d154ffa8f000cd36

With this, I will mark this as Completed.

Apologies for the long (7 year) delay.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file