Service is not deleted after uninstallation Yellowfin on windowsplatform.

Shinde, Abhishek shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

After uninstalling Yellowfin, It is not clearing the service. I have tried uninstallation with and without force-delete option. Still I am seeing the service in windows service list.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

I am assuming that you are running on Windows.

As Tomcat and Yellowfin both use Java to run, please look for Java in the task list and terminate that.

Please be aware that this may affect other programs that may be using Java at this time.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

I could do this process manually, But I am expecting it should automatically delete service while doing uninstallation, which is not  happening. Even after uninstallation the service is in running state. We have tried it on different server, It is not working.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

photo

Hi Abhishek,

I will raise this as an enhancement for future versions.

Thank you for your patience,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

It is not a normal behaviour. After uninstallation it is not clearing the directory structure and port is also busy.

Could you please raise defect for this. Please provide me the defect ID for the same.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

photo

Hi Abhishek,

Unfortunately Peter is correct, as our uninstaller simply does not have the code to remove the windows service, so we need to improve this.

In the meantime you will need to manually remove the Yellowfin Windows Service, and hoping this isn't a common occurrence, as we never want people to un-install the product,

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Abhishek,

Enhancement raised - YFN-10089

Best regards

Pete

Leave a Comment

Attach a file