Folder deletion - no content, but deletion not possible

Peter Flinn shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

As part of a tidy up, I've deleted all the various files and views and folders under 'Tutorial'. I've been able to delete all the Tutorial folders except one (Athletes), which alhtough says it has 'No Content' can't be deleted. It says it is being used by a Storyboard. If I go to the Admin Console and try to delete it there, it says there are 15 reports and 1 storyboard using it, but I can't see any of them (I am administrator).

Any suggestions? There's no 'Storyboard Management' like there is 'Dashboard Management'.

Thanks

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out. To view and delete Storyboards, click on 'Browse' > 'Storyboards'.

7c9f5a444cba1cf2be6e522b4b4d7abd

From here you can delete the appropriate storyboard. The one that uses the Athletes sub-folder is the "Monthly Sales Deck" storyboard. You can verify Folder and Sub-Folder by right clicking the report and clicking 'Edit Details'.

If when you go ahead and delete this Storyboard you still find there are reports linked to the Athletes folder and it still can't be deleted, you can once again head to 'Browse', but this time go to 'Reports > 'Columns' > 'Select' > Add 'Sub Folder' > Choose 'Athletes' > and Delete appropriate reports.

033dcdb1e7cb61d49a7c01b496ca712f

Then you should be good to go ahead and delete that sub-folder! Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike

That's just it - there are none when I do that. What next?

Peter Flinn

Senior Consultant

different view of health

E pflinn@wcd.net.au  |    T  02 8745 2000   |   M 0414 711 981   |    F  02 8745 2099   |    www.wcd.net.au

Suite 3, Level 5, 3 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, NSW, 2138  |   PO Box 3100, Rhodes, NSW, 2138

Sent: Thursday, 25 January 2018 2:54 AM

To: Peter Flinn

Subject: New Comment in "Folder deletion - no content, but deletion not possible"

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. Since nothing seems to be showing through the user interface, an option we have would be to drop the records from the Configuration Database directly.

When running any queries directly against the Yellowfin Configuration Database it's possible to cause irrevocable data loss. This process isn't directly supported nor recommended unless otherwise advised to do so. Before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. This way, if something goes wrong you can revert back to your current state.

The following queries will drop the associated data from the database:

DELETE FROM ReportHeader WHERE CategoryCode='TUTORIAL' AND SubCategoryCode='ATHLETES';
DELETE FROM Storyboard WHERE CategoryCode='TUTORIAL' AND SubCategoryCode='ATHLETES';

This should drop the reports and storyboard's that Yellowfin seems to be seeing. Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thansk Mike - I will look into this today (been on leave recently), and see if this works. I'm a little reluctant to mess with the database, so if it's not obvious to me where I can drop items I'll just leave it 'as is'.

photo

It was enough to delete a single line in the table 'Storyboard' which had a linked draft that a colleague had left there by mistake. All good now, thanks.

photo

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear it! I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file