google map error

rajkumar shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Thank you for reaching out. I suspect this has something to do with the Google API Key. If you follow this link and click "Get A Key," copy that key and head to 'Administration' > 'Content Settings' > 'Chart Settings' > 'Map Settings' > and paste key under "Google Maps API Key," then you should be good to go.

If this doesn't help, please send more information, such as a screenshot of the error shown on the F12 Browser Dev Tools screen.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike, it worked for reqular google map and not showing the street level info for google gis map and also see the attachment for regular map

1e92e6881bf3c8836c1bd72af47d3f2c

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you are seeing on the JavaScript console (which can be viewed by pressing F12 after seeing error)?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

1de03330c872722f0de97b012a185443

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Your original post indicated:

"Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

Are you not seeing this error anymore? The screenshot you sent does not correspond with that error message. If you resolved this, which it looks like you may have, what steps did you take to do so? Also, for your Geo Field Metric, is the underlying data in GIS Geometry format with valid GIS Points or GIS MultiPolygons for values? This can be viewed and edited at the View level.

91e3337729b50056a5adfef58c352466

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Yes, My location data is based on GIS Geometry, may be if you want to do a quick zoom call, that could really solve the issue.

photo
photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Please answer the following:

• Are you not seeing the original error anymore? The screenshot you sent does not correspond with that error message. I'd need a screenshot of the Console section in the dev tools screen where the error messages are indicated.
  • If you resolved this original error, what steps did you take to do so?
  • Did you obtain and add a Google Maps API Key?
  • Are you saying you are seeing a different issue from the original question now?

Please respond to each of these questions so I can further assist.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Yes, original issue resolved after updating the google api key. it works great for google regular map based on latitude & longitude.

I have issue using google GIS based on geometry data, i see the blank map and data

photo
photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Does the GIS Google Map load properly when you use our Ski Team Tutorial test data?

To test this:

• Create a report using the Ski Team View.
  • Add the Athlete Geo Point found under Athlete Location to a column in the Data section.
  • Add a Metric, such as Invoiced Amount found under Athlete Payment, to a column in the Data section.
  • Click into the Charts section.
  • Slide the Athlete Geo Point Dimension into Geo Field under the Charts section as well as the Invoiced Metric to the Color section.

Does the map load?

It should look very similar to your screenshot for the regular Google Map chart.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

I'm just going through some of my older cases. I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered as I've yet to hear back, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file