BMC - Yellowfin Landing Page Change

Jhansi Kommineni shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Can you please let me know where to change the landing page from dashboard to browse page.

Is this the setting per client org or per user?

Below is system information.

Application Version:7.1Build:20160728Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Jhansi,

I hope all is well,

We find this by navigating to;

Profile Settings > Display Preferences > Entry Page

e60ae51d2ca83d9e970c23a41ae45e91

060f553057d04069d9bdec2ba3c46eeb

To my understanding this setting is per user.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Is such option is there in 7.1 ? I could n't see that page(Profile Settings->Display Preferences) in 7.1.

where can we see the Profile Settings Page in YF 7.1.

fa61e0c1f2bd8fc8c454a4c9fc10a72d

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Although we don't officially support 7.1, I can assist as this is fairly straight forward..

Navigate to Settings from your User logged with.

8cf707a1c0a84d72aee56369d7baa9f8

You will then have access to your Personal Settings to change your Entry Page.

7a5105d89102d2db87f59e8e574d5e3e

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark for your reply. Its my bad that we hided that System Administrator downward arrow that's why I could not see that option. Now I can see the option after removing the hider class.

Is that the setting can do Client Org level? I understand that you said earlier its per user. is it possible to do at client org level. like by default it set to browse page for all users and all client orgs.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo
photo

Hi Jhansi,

I hope all is well,

I have since been discussing this with my fellow support team and we may have a solution for you... Looking at this link, it would appear that we can do this by running a query against your YF database. As you are aware this is not currently possible through our YF UI, hence this may be the option for you.

Let me know how you get on with this. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Jhansi,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if the information provided in my previous email was enough to assist. If you can get back to me I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. The query in the link works for the existing users. But for the new users, do we need to run the query against new user?

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Can we default set the landing page to "Browse" instead of Dashboard on Yellowfin server?

photo

Hello Jhansi,

We recently had another customer ask this very question!

Please take a look at the following article:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/configure-default-entrypage-for-all-users

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Jhansi,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you need any further assistance with this Question. If you can update me of where we stand I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the information.

I think we will write a script to run after every user creation until the Enhancement is implemented.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

No problem, I'll go ahead and mark this question as Answered if you don't mind.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file