Calculations for JSON connector.

Stephen Van Rooyen shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Guys,

I notice that while working with the JSON connector, I do not have the option to create calculations in the view.

I would be great if we were able to do date hierarchies, for example.

Regards,

Stephen

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately this is one of the limitations with connectors.

Due to how the data is fetched/handled, we cannot provide full view functionality, especially in regards to converting data.

While it would be nice to support, it's not just something to be tackled by our code, and no plans to support at this point in time.

Apologies for the bad news on this, though if there are any changes I'll update this idea.

As always, please let us know if there was anything else you were after, and thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

David

photo

Ok so I'm re-opening this idea as the ability to use date heirarchies at view level are important and hoping to get this revisited by the dev team. As usual any updates will be posted here.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi @David Registro , can the Jira link be populated on this ticket please?

Thanks

photo

Hi Stephen,

Is this feature something you'd still like to see in Yellowfin? Trying to get a feel for its relevance currently.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Definitely this is something we would like to see, more and more we are finding people want to connect to API's / REST endpoint and our JSON Connector was not up to scratch in terms of its capabilities.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass that feedback on to the developers.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file