Dashboard Default Display Summary & Chart

Chad Miller shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

When I'm on the Dashboard and I set Default Display to Summary & Chart if I click to view the chart Data then go back to Chart view the summary is missing. This happens in Edit mode and after I've saved the Dashboard.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Chad,

Could you provide some clarification on your issue? Particularly when you're clicking to view the chart data. Could you include some screenshots to better guide me in attempting to replicate this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

(normal.png)Here is a report on my dashboard with a summary at the top. I push the data button in the top right(highlighted in blue) and get data.png. I hit the same button which is now chart view to get back to my original report view and the summary is missing(no summary.png).

photo

Hi Chad,

Using the information you have provided me I was able to verify that this is a bug. I have escalated this to our development team under the code YSD-612 for further review and will keep you informed of any updates. As a work-around in the meantime, it would be possible to add a report on the dashboard showing only the table, so one wouldn't require clicking into table view. Another work around would be to create another copy of the report and set the default view to Summary instead of Summary and Chart, this would ensure that a summary would always be visible. I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for and am sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Keep an eye out here for updates regarding this ticket, and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Hi Chad,

I wanted to reach out and inform you that this defect has been fixed in our current release of Yellowfin, available here.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file