Customizing Scheduling of Reports

Akshay shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

I would like to see possibility of customizing schedules as per business need.

e.g. Create schedule in such a manner that reports are not broadcasted on business holidays. etc. Something similar to SLA's

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for suggesting this Idea. I've found an existing Enhancement Request on this, so I'm linking the task to this Idea post for further tracking. I'll keep this post updated with further information regarding this.

In the meantime it is possible to create separate broadcasts for each day of the week as a work around, i.e. a weekly broadcast for each day Monday - Friday.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Yes, but what about I have more than 20 reports and each report is supposed to run during week days :).

In such case I have to create 100 schedules which is very hectic task.

photo

Hi Asif,

Thanks for the reply. In that case, I'm afraid you don't have an easy option. Luckily, I've ensured this post is connected to our existing Enhancement Request for this functionality. I'll keep you posted on further information regarding this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks a lot Ryan.

photo

Hi Asif,

Happy to help! I'll keep this post updated with further information as it's available.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ashkay,

I've added your Idea to a currently logged Enhancement Request regarding this functionality. Some internal suggestions have been adding a "date picker" type functionality to allow more customization of broadcast rules. You can keep your eye on this post for further information.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks Ryan!

photo

Happy to help! We'll keep this updated with further info.

photo

Hi there!

Just wanted to circle back in this item and looking at how schedules are now handled in later v8 and v9 releases. As you can see below we now include an option for weekdays:

745a194e1b3a81123781e4a47e04a617

What I'm now trying to work is if what you need can now be easily managed with a mix of schedule options and broadcast alerts? Do you really just need a way to 'exclude' particular dates of the year? In that scenario you could use the limit schedule option :

/d59d65aad03b9995b4c094d944c74238

Please let me know if I'm missing something here, or if there are some other use cases we should explore.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file