How to get latest month data from existing data?

Chandana K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Is there any possibility to get latest month data from existing data?

Suppose I have data till October for Current FY.

When I create a report, I should get default filter data for Latest Month i.e Oct 2017.

Can any one help me executing this.

Please find the attachment for report format.

Regards

Chandana K

Replies (4)

photo

I f you have a date filter you can set it to predefined periods in Filter Formatting > Entry style. I use it in conjunction with the date format from the view against the source data to present only the Month element. Not sure if that's what you need but it worked for me (in 7.1)

photo

Just to add a screen-shot to what Bernard said:

852b1049f065cd8f0337f5a55a3efc16

Let me know if this does not work for you!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Bernard/Nathan,

Thanks for the reply.

I understood what you are saying.

Suppose today If I choose "Last Calendar Month", it will show the data of Jan 2018. If Jan 2018 data is not available then report will display "Query didn't return any result".

But my requirement is to get latest month data i.e if database contains data till Dec 2017 then when I choose Latest Month, it should return Dec 2017 data.

Is it possible in yellowfin?

Regards

Chandana K

photo

Hi Chandana,

If the report will never show any other data beside the most recent month, then you should be able to accomplish this through either a freehand SQL Report, or through a stored procedure view, where more complex SQL statements can be constructed to acheive this. However, for a default filter stetting, this will not be possible.

Custom query filters can provide specific dates that may help with this. But this will be a "Greater than" filter where the user will have the option of choosing between of hard-coded dates, one of which would serve the use you need.

Let me know if this makes sense!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file