"No datasets found." google sheets

Scott Buelter shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello, I am trying to connect to Google Sheets and I am getting this error (also see image)

Connection Failed

close_small_greyError Message:java.lang.Exception: Connection failed. No datasets found.

I do have hundreds of google spreadsheets in my account so I am not sure why I am getting this error.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I've done some testing and found that I encountered some issues with the Google Sheets Connector as well. I also found a related Defect regarding the connector that shows the same behavior you're seeing.

I'd recommend installing the Google Sheets V4 Beta Connector from the Marketplace and giving it a go. This seemed to resolve my issues. Let me know your results!

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Scott,

I wanted to check in and see if you had better luck with our Google Sheets V4 Beta Connector.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Scott,

I wanted to quickly check in and verify whether the V4 connector resolved your issue. If I don't hear back, I'll go ahead and close this out.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Scott,

I haven't heard back on this for some time. I'm going to mark this as Answered. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi,

Just tried Google Sheet V4. Was able to connect successfully, but upon creating a view. It says no datasets found.

Please help. See image below.

/6ba226852a88ca2c89179361f2e3091d

photo

Hi Benj,

This is Eric, taking over here as Ryan has transitioned into a security role with Yellowfin.

Just ran a quick test in my 8.0.4 environment with the V4 Google Sheets connector, and was able to get connected and create a view & report successfully.

Is your organization still using 7.2 at this time? If so I'd recommend a software upgrade if possible, as 7.2 is technically end-of life and not officially supported at this time.

Would you be able to test the connection in the Data Sources section of the Admin console? My instance returns a count of available sheets -

2179e1f2a0214c3630fcf853b3925e86

Looking at the developer ticket Ryan mentioned, the "no datasets found" message seemed to stem from an old form that had been shared to the google account, that Yellowfin was not able to read correctly. Perhaps there is a similar situation going on, where some incompatible data type is causing the connector to fail. In this case, I'd recommend setting up a special account to use as the Yellowfin connector, that has access limited to the specific tables you'd be using for the product. Would this be a possible solution to pursue here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Benj,

Hope you're having a good new year. Just wanted to check to see if you had a chance to review my response in regards to your issue?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

We are using version 7.3

Are you suggesting a special gmail account to access shared spreadsheets?

See error below/00dd32a0706431d89284437855c8ffa2

photo

Hi Benj,

Yes, in this case I would first check the Google Sheets web app as the connector user, to see what files are available to the user account that the connector is using. If there are any non-spreadsheets listed, and not needed by the account, I would try removing them and test the connection. If this is not possible or doesn't yield success, I would then create a fresh google account and upload a single simple spreadsheet, like a 3 line CSV for example, and try to get the connector working with a limited fileset. I'd then incrementally add access to the new account, with the desired sheets data, to check whether it might be a specific file that is causing the issue.

Would this be a possible way forward for you here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Benj,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to try out my suggestion at this point?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Benj,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Answered due to inactivity. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply to continue a support track in this case.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file