7.4 Tooltips vs 7.35

Vicky shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

We upgraded to 7.4 last week, my team loves tooltips in 7.35 more than 7.4. Tooltips in 7.35 shows information in whole sentence, 7.4 is little bit cut-off, we have to hover over on the field to see entire information. Most of my teammates feel confused of 'multi-dimension' when hover over on the chart, their confused reason is first impression of 'multi-dimension' is 'is that the chart name?'.

Here are my question:

1) is there anyway to go back to previous tooltips?

if no

2) is there anyway to change 7.4 tooltips somewhere in yf or yf backend folders?

Thanks,

Vicky

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vicky,

Sorry to hear you dont like them as much!

No there is no way to go back to the old tool-tips, and there isnt an easy way to make changes to these, though you may have some luck adjusting the CSS definitions for these. Let me know if you want more information on this.

In the meantime, you are probably not the only one with suggestions on how these should look better so if you can come up with a list that we cannot solve through CSS, you can raise them as Idea tickets.

Cheers,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply, please give me more information on tool-tips CSS.

I do not try 7.4 new functions yet. Currently as I noticed:

1) Tool-tips: would be better like what yf had before, showing whole sentence of information (not cut-off one)

2) Export Import from one environment to another has some issue, when I export dashboard then import, it shows 'there is an error in the xml formatting', without specific error

Thanks,

Vicky

photo

Hi Vicky,

Sorry for the delay here.

Unfortunately it is not possible to adjust this with CSS :/

1: I have raised this as an enhancement idea: #9687

2: Unfortunately I do not have the time to dive into this right now, can you raise it as a separate ticket so that one of the other guys can take a look?

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

No worries, I will open another ticket about this.

Thanks,

Vicky

photo

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply here. We'll respond via your Idea post with further information.

Thanks,

Ryan

Replies have been locked on this page!