What does the "Max Data Range" option for Automated Insights do?

Johnathon Warren shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

No explanation or mention of it here http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER74/Setting+Up+Instant+Insights

I can't quite make sense of it. Any idea?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Johnathon,

Instant insights will search through the entire dataset looking for trends and correlations. If you have a very large dataset underlying these algorithms, the processing time can become quite burdensome so we have implemented a variety of settings to allow you to limit this dataset to only the most relevant and necessary values. This controls the dataset based off the date range.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Not quite. I specifically want to know what this option does, and how it actually works.

Your "limit this dataset to only the most relevant and necessary values" is too vague for my interests. Doesn't tell me at all how to fill in the data and how it is used.

Regards,

photo

Hi Johnathon,

I am having a bit hard of a time narrowing down where exactly this value is used (my guess is still that this is narrowing down the dataset, so adding a where clause to your report where date is greater than this interval ago.). I will continue to poke around and update you when I learn more.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Johnathon,

Just letting you know that I have been asking around to see if we can get complete documentation on these settings. I will update you as this progresses.

Nathan

photo

Hi Johnathon,

Still no luck. Have created an information/enhancement request: #9685

Sorry for the troubles.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file