7.4 Ski Team Tutorial Database Content

Ronnie Abrahiem shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello YF Team,

We are interested to start using the Ski Team Tutorial Database with Version7.4. Would it be possible for you to provide us a zip file and setupdocumentation.

Thank you very much foryour support!

Best Regards,

Ronnie Abrahiem

Replies (13)

photo

Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I've attached a tar file containing the 7.4 tutorial database and yfx file to import the relevant content.

1. Extract the contents of the attached tar file.
  2. Replace your tutorialdata directory, at <YellowfinInstall>/tutorialdata, with the directory inside the archive.
  3. Import the included yfx file using 'Restore' option.
  4. Click 'Select All' and drag the content to the 'Import List' pane.
  5. Click 'Settings' in the top left and enable 'Use Existing Sources', choosing 'Ski Team' as your data source:e0f3fdabb64cdcd314edb3796c22da1f
  6. Click Import.
  7. Test your content.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Ryan,

I extracted the file and replaced old "tutorialdata" folder with a new folder in application server. But when I try to import "SkiTeam74.yfx" file I get the error below:

Job log:

YF:2018-01-25 11:27:35:ERROR (ImportProcess:error) - Error parsing export file

Thanks,

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

You're right! Apologies on this, my export file didn't seem to complete properly. I'm reattaching a zip folder with the proper export file. Feel free to replace the tutorialdata folder again with the one in this folder (make sure you shut down Yellowfin first).

Try the following process with the new attachment:

1. Shut down Yellowfin.
  2. Copy and replace the tutorialdata folder in <yellowfinInstall>.
  3. Start up Yellowfin.
  4. Remove all of your Ski Team reports and dashboards through the browse interface.
  5. Remove the content folders.
  6. Perform the import as mentioned in my last reply.

Note that you will have to assign the dashboards to any user who previously had Tutorial dashboards assigned to their tabs.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Ryan,

We never used Ski Team Tutorial Database before. Do we need to create data source before import the list. Please send my the data source any example for SKi database connection if we need to create it. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hello Ryan

More information about our setup

1. The path where installed the SKi folder

Host: 10.74.74.53

Folder: E:\Yellowfin\tutorialdata\newskiteam.data

2. Web.xml file mapping all out database to Oracle database server.

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>JDBCDriverClass</param-name>

<param-value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>JDBCUrl</param-name>

<param-value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@//NAYELLOWFINDB.tac.densona.com:1521/orcl</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the additional information. In this case use the provided export file, and select 'Custom'. Choose 'Select All' in the left pane and drag the items into the right pane:

493af38704bb684a39d189405aec8074

Click the gear icon next to the purple Ski Team data source icon. You will want to update the filepath of 'Database Name' to point to the tutorialdata folder you've copied into your Yellowfin root:

32f93c391b46748572e1cfd8595aac8d

Test the connection to make sure it's connecting properly.

Does this get you up and running?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan

I have issue to build the filepath of "newskiteam" Database on server. I used

http://10.74.74.53:8081/E:\Yellowfin 7.1/tutorialdata/newskidata and I received the error below.

Host: 10.74.74.53, Port: 8081, and "E:\Yellowfin 7.1/tutorialdata/newskidata" where installed the database on the server.

/uwLOvmBEcmDENEUQTbtmEYhsw8z2MBTdphAU1ERKQ74AKvO3XKPGxeXQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ryan,

SKI Team asked for userid or password for hsqldb connection and I don't have that. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

You can simply leave them unchanged. Only update the filepath on the screen I've pictured. Then test the connection.

Also, hostname / IP and port are not used in this string. It's simply a filepath pointing to your tutorialdata folder that I provided. In example:

E:\YellowfinInstall\tutorialdata

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for support.

1. I connected to HSQL database

/B75mrsIfivqQAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

2. But I get the error message below when I try to Import the files

/wOmlfvEqdauCQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Apologies, the filepath should actually be in your case:

E:\Yellowfin 7.1\tutorialdata\newskiteam

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll hop on a screen share.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Ryan,

All set and everything looks good. Please you can close this ticket. Thank you again for your support.

Have a nice day

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Glad we were able to get this squared away! Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file