Oh no! An error has occurred during processing please try again later.

Dieter Schmerlaib shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I get this error when trying set a user prompt on a filter on a report that is using a report as a view . How can I try to work out what is causing the problem ie what logs should I check ? If I don't use a prompt it works use a defined value, the same one I choose in the prompt it works ?

Thanks

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Dieter,

Thank you for getting in touch. Would you be interested in scheduling a screen-share session so that I can get a better understanding of your problem and cover a few diagnosis steps? If so, please let me know what time works best for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Sure it might be a bit tricky it is on premise at our customers but happy to give it a try

photo

Hi Dieter,

If you are available to talk now please just click this link:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1481939996

If you cant screen share right now we can just discuss the problem and I can show you what I would specifically look for.

photo

Hi Dieter,

I have been having a hard time replicating this error. Quick question:

Is your report saved as a view created on the same view as the mater query in your final report?

I will continue to work on replicating this over the course of the day but may not have a concrete answer as quickly as I initially thought.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

The master query and the sub query are ultimately on the same view. However the sub query is on a view which is based on a report view written on the same view as the master query.

Dieter

photo
photo

Hi Dieter,

Unfortunately, I still have not been able to recreate this issue in multiple tests over multiple data-sets. I do not have access to SQL Anywhere database at the moment, but I was wondering if you could attempt to re-create this issue on top of a different underlying database, such as the ski team dataset?

My next step is to see if anyone in the company has access to an SQL Anywhere database that I can test this on (or if I can create a new one) as, for now, this issue appears to be specific to your environment.

One thought: In my tests on your build this performed as expected, but it may not hurt to upgrade your instance to the latest build anyway, just in case.

Sorry that this is not as straightforward as I originally hoped!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Dieter,

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get access to an SQL Anywhere database, and have not been able to replicate this on other data sources. Have you had any luck in replicating this on other reports/environments?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Deiter,

Have you been able to come to a resolution on this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Deiter,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file