Costumer functions - Problems with the access to the data

Veronika Lackner shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Dear ladies and Gentleman,

In our views we are using an access filter which selects the constraint from our system so the user can only built a report with the details they have access to.

We are using many costumer functions in our version which are based on PL/SQL Functions. Now we have the problem that the user can entry a value in this costumer functions they do not have access to because we do not now how to get the Username from Yellowfin which is logged in.

For example:

The User "VLACKNER" (IDENTIFIER in Yellowfin) has access to the employee-number 1 and 2. This access we have defined in our system. Now the User VLACKNER can entry the employee-number 3 in a costumer function because the function do not know that the user VLACKNER is logged in.

Do you have any ideas how we can solved this probelm?

Is there a possibility to get who is running this function?

Can we add the access filter in this XML-file?

Or is there a possibility to add an argument in die Yellowfin-XML with is not seen by the user and can not be changed by them?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Veronika

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Veronika,

Thanks for getting in touch. There isn't a built in way to achieve this unfortunately, so we will need a work around. I will think on this for a few hours and update you if something comes to mind :)

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Veronika,

Unfortunately there is no way to send the user information through a custom function, so any custom function you have should not provide a user prompt for the value being filtered by the access filter.

However, that should not be necessary. Is it possible for you to make these more generic and then limit the final result set with access filters as normal? Ideally a custom function should fit well into the report SQL statement, so that the where clause added by the access filter can limit the entire data-set.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

thank you for your information and your help.

Unfurtunatly we can not make these more generic. My collegue will think about another solution as well but thank you for your input.

Regards,

Veronika

Von: Yellowfin Support [mailto:support@yellowfin.bi]

Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Januar 2018 23:09

An: LACKNER Veronika <vlackner@lohn.at>

Betreff: New Comment in "Costumer functions - Problems with the access to the data"

photo

Hi Veronika,

Okay, sounds good. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Nathan

photo

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Good morning Nathan,

thank you for this information.

I think we found a solution but we have to test this. If we face some problems I will get in touch with you.

Regards,

Veronika

photo

HI Veronika,

Sounds good!

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file