Remove the "Dimension Header" from a report.

Mat Chabros shared this question 6 years ago
Completed

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the little header with the name of the dimension/metric I've used as columns?

Please see attached picture.

Moreover, I am trying to achieve a similar effect as Nathan in this topic (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/use-section-as-filter#comment-9005), I noticed his report lacks the column where the name of the data is shown.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for reaching out. There is no direct option to remove the column header title, however, there is a viable workaround, just note that this will affect the column header for each column in the report. In your report, head to 'Report Formatting' > 'Column & Row Headings' > Set 'Style' to 'Custom' > 'Style' to '0' px and 'Background Color' to white.

acd5db307c201c6929ed1474cb67138f

As you can see, this effectively hides the column header titles:

5eeb55022fdfc6643b389b8f014066c9

On the note of the topic in https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/use-section-as-filter#comment-9005, the headings under 'tab link' are actually charts, not reports, and what you're seeing when he hovers over them is a Tooltip Display. The Tooltip Display is separate from column header titles. The report columns themselves are still displaying their respective column header titles in this example.

Let me know if this clears things up for you.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Charts you say? Hmm, do you mind going through that idea and how to implement it?

photo
photo

Hi Mat,

I believe I found something else that may be relevant to your use case. You can find on this community page how to create a blank column header title on an individual column basis, which can be accomplished by clicking the arrow next to the column display title and clicking on 'Format' > 'Edit', and typing <Alt>+255 in the 'Display' field. Because this is an alt code and not a regular space, Yellowfin doesn't trim it. I hope one of these solutions is what you're looking for.

What Nathan did in the chart example was he took a dimension and put it into the 'Label' section of a Treemap chart. In his example, each Demographic dimension was linked via Drill Down to a different report. A Metric was then dragged into the 'Color' section and the colors were edited under 'Chart Series.' In the 'Design' tab the chart was stretched out and this final design was added to a dashboard. Let me know if this clears this up for you.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Vishal,

Since I haven't heard back, I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Kelsey,

Thanks for sharing the details. I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file