Facility to add filter on charts

Mayur Randive shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

It is good to have facility to add filters on charts so that the same measure object can be used multiple times under multiple filter conditions.

Just imagine it will open doors to numerous data reporting possibilities.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for getting in touch with this Idea. Quick clarification question if I may, are you looking to have a report that only displays a chart, but is governed by master filter values, or to have a report that can filter both the result table and charts as separate entities?

If you're looking to do the former, all that you should need to do is hit the Table On/Off button on the Design page. This will hide the result table, but will keep the chart and bind it to the report's filters.

fd573012831ff523200b4f8ae29bb81f

If you could get back to me with specifics, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

-Conner

photo

Hi Conner

Sorry for the delayed response, i was busy in some other stuff,

My Idea was to have a facility to filter result table and chart as a separate entities. Also if i have two charts in my report then i should be able to put filters on both as a separate entity.

Here is an example considering that we have this idea implemented in the system

I have created a calculated field countOfTickets, using same field i want to create 3 charts ( lets say numeric display )

I go on the chart section select Numeric Display as my chart type, then drag the countOfTickets into Measure section and apply filter on event code( lets say LOGIN). Similarly you can create multiple charts with apply filter on each of them as per your need.

have a look at below screenshot

04aff686299287ea5073901d9123d75d

photo

Hey Mayur,

No worries, thanks for the followup. Now that I see what you're trying to do, have you tried playing around with the Set Analysis feature? I think that this could accomplish some of what you're looking for. It requires a little more work than the standard filter set up, but I recommend giving it a shot. Here are a couple of articles to get you started:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-perform-comparative-analysis-within-chart-builder-using-set-analysis

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/7-3-set-analysis-feature_1

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Chart+Functions#ChartFunctions-SetAnalysis

Hopefully this get you where you need to go, but let us know if this isn't the case.

Thanks!

-Conner

photo

Hi Mayur,

Just quickly checking in here to see if you had a chance to look at some of the stuff in previous response. If you could let me know if you're all set, that would be great!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hi Mayur,

I wanted to reach out on this and see if you've had a chance to review the 'Set Analysis' feature in regards to your inquiry. If I don't hear back, I'll presume this has effectively met your requirements.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thank you Ryan & Conner .. Please go ahead and mark it resolved.

photo

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the reply. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues!

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file