Autorun Switching On

Nick Hudson shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

I have been doing some tests against an installation of Yellowfin 7.2 (build

2016033) and have found that the auto-run setting for reports is automatically switching back on, despite turning this option off. Although it continues to show as off for the duration of the edit session, this is not saved with the report.

I have found that the internal Yellowfin database does not seem to update the value of the ReportFormat table with the FormatTypeCode of AUTORUN, and instead keeps this set to TRUE, while other Formatting options (such as FILTERDISPLAY) do reflect changes made via the UI.

Upon returning to the report, the autorun option will again be set to on.

Note: I am only observing the value in the database, and not modifying it via a query browser.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sending in the case. I did some testing on the most recent releases of Yellowfin 7.1/7.2 and when the filter setting 'Auto Run Report on Load' is toggled off, FormatTypeCode - AUTORUN does indeed remain set to TRUE. However, when the setting is toggled off, an additional row is added to the ReportFormat table; FormatTypeCode - WAITFORPROMPT is set to TRUE.

So Yellowfin keeps AUTORUN set to TRUE, but in cases where 'Auto Run Report on Load' is toggled off, an additional row is added to Yellowfin that prevents the AUTORUN from occurring.

Can you let us know if you are experiencing something different than this? I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Hi Dustin,

I've had some time to test with a new report created against the ski team data.

* Added Booking Status, Agency Demographic, and Invoiced Amount (which aggregates to SUM) to the report.

* Added Booking Status to Filters.

* Turned off Autorun Report on Load

* Save Report

Report automatically runs. DB shows both AUTORUN and WAITFORPROMPT present, set to true. Runs on load regardless.

YF 7.2 build 20160331

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for following up. Apologies for the delay in responding on this one.

I was able to replicate what you are experiencing in the 7.2 20160331 build of Yellowfin, but this issue has since been fixed as I can no longer replicate this in the most recent Yellowfin 7.2 release.

Is there any chance you could try updating to a more recent build and let us know if this is still an issue for you? I look forward to hearing what you think.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

Leave a Comment

Attach a file