Update from 7.3+ to 7.4 with problems

Guest shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

HI we updated from 7.3+ to 7.4. After the update I have seen a error in the logs:

08-Jan-2018 12:59:30.323 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener.contextDestroyed java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Programme\Yellowfin\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\gson-2.2.4.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Programme\Yellowfin\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\gson-2.2.4.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

... 21 more

The gson-2.2.4.jar is missing. After I copied it in the folder everything works fine. So please have a look.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Unfortunately, the upgrade installer isn't compatible for earlier versions (pre 7.4)!

The official upgrade installer will be available shortly, so, we highly recommend staying on 7.3 (latest version) until this new upgrade installer is available.

There maybe other internal database issues by using this upgrade, so we cannot recommend continuing to use your install as you currently have it!

Download an Update Installer to update an existing installation of Yellowfin to 7.4 build 20180104.
Use this to update any Yellowfin installation from version 7.4 onwards. 

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Oh,...ok...then I will go back to 7.3+ ;)

photo

Hi Carsten!

Just a quick update to let you know the 7.4 updater is now available from the builds area on our website!

Have a great day!

Pete

photo

Ok. Thanks for the Information :)

photo

Hi I install the Version and it Looks better ;)

photo

Hi Carsten,

That's good to hear,

Please submit a new ticket if you encounter anything odd as you use 7.4!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

Leave a Comment

Attach a file