Can the process of partially colour the cell can be process on an external server, then from there send the file later for download?

Tal Mickel shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

This relates to this problem.

As we know we have a limitation around the Conditional Formatting when exporting to XLS;

This is a limitation, bar formatting is ignored in XLSX because when it was written there was no way to partially shade a cell in excel, making the bar formats useless.

The easiest thing to do is the change it so that bar formatting isn't completely ignored but is instead treated like like cell formatting.

So... we would like to propose "the process of partially colour the cell can be process on an external server, then from there send the file later for download?"

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Tal,

I've raised an internal enhancement request for this Idea (YFN-9455), although I've kept the description to be for the more general request of making Yellowfin be able to export to XLSX and retain the Bar style conditional formatting. And the reason I did this was because I noticed a developer's note in the previous defect (YFN-5555) raised for this, that from his researching it looks possible to do this but at this stage he wasn't sure of the amount of work involved.

regards,

David

photo

Great as always, Thank you David.

Dor & Tal

photo
photo

Hey David !

Is there any update for this idea?

photo

Hi Dor,

just like that other enhancement request I have raised this one (YFN-9455) to HIGH.

regards,

David

photo

Awesome David, Thank you!

photo

you're welcome!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file