500 Internal Server Error

YangyangCai shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

One of our clients' sites occurs the following issue:

/8BHSNxTYjXMQ8AAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

It seems like this error is caused by the Post method used in the YF html file.

It would be appreciated if you could reply to use ASAP.

Regards,

Nancy

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

For a start, please have a look at the following article:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-Error-Explained-39-Submit-error-500-Internal-Server-Error-39-?thread=123776

Once you have the file, please attach them to this ticket and we can investigate further.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

According to this issue, I want to mention that when I select OK, the page could be loaded, but always pop up 500 error when I click on the tab.

- It only occurs on a specific dashboard tab, which gets data from our YF DB. On that server, there are 3 dashboards have been built on different ports, and only one dashboard has this issue.

- When I did upgrade, I took the following steps: install 20141128 (full) - run 20151209 update - export YF DB file - import YF DB file - run 20160727 update. I did not change the contents of YF DB. I updated two files: web.xml and root.xml under localhost.

I have attended you the following log files:

-Yellowfin.log

-localhost.log

-web.xml

-root.xml

photo

Hi Peter,

Any updates about this topic?

I found another two sites have this issue and it seems that this issue is related to MIDashboardAjax.i4.

/AdPF1hlVW1SqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hello Nancy,

We are still looking into this issue.

Is this happening for all client orgs/users?

is it happening on a specific section of Yellowfin?

Thanks!

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, this issue happens for 3-4 sites.

I found that this issue is related to the Java.lang.NullPointerException error.

/OP6+40uBRAygkwNvAWgjkDwAlVBVa117vR6CF4AAABSBoIXAAAAAAAAoEJYYcsGBC8AAACp8eoTuf8FY9GQMfJghUEAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Because this is a generic issue and I have attached update-to-date related files and clarify some issues:

1. This only occur on a specific tab, which is called activity. This tab only gets data from yellowfin DB.

2. Log files as attached

a. yellowfin.log

b. JDBC.log

c. catalina.out

d. stdout/stderr logs

Because one of our clients who has this issue is our important client, and we would like to slove this issue ASAP.

I would be appreciated that you could please advice us what is the issue and how to solve it.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

Good news! I have been talking to one of our two-head developers about this and he said that he remembered this issue from a few months ago because it actually happened to our CEO, and it was something to do a bad data in the PersonConfiguration table, so all they had to do was to make the code handle the null pointer better and that fixed the issue.

So this means that if you upgrade to the latest build of 7.2 then the issue should be no more.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

You are always the genius who address my issue efficiently.

I will build a testing environment for this issue and inform you about my updates.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Peter,

The new patch (20170202) fixs this issue but generates another issue like follows:

/hBv9EanbosGZPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

/Bztgsi2ZwUYrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Could do you please adivse us the backend method to update values in personconfiguration table in YF DB rather than updating YF?

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

from what the developer told me, they just changed the code to handle null pointers better....this does not mean there were null values in the table, it means that there was some particular value in the table that for some reason or other was causing Yellowfin to pass a Null Pointer to a method that caused it to error.

However, as to which particular value that is, I am not able to determine this, we would have to step through the source code while connected to your YF DB to find this out. Their fix doesn't look for any particular values, it just says "only do the next line of code if the parameter passed in is not null"

So, this means what we will have to do is to solve the new issue you have struck in the latest build rather than try to work around the error-500 issue in the previous build. And in any case, you can't stay on that previous build forever!

Can you please attach the logs and let us know what time the error occurred and we will analyse them.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

Just checking in to see how this is all going.

Did you get a chance to grab those logs?

One addition to this, would also be to grab any javascript console errors from the browser.

Or alternatively, if I can get access to your environment from my browser here, I can check these things for you.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

I am sorry that I forgot to mention that I upgraded our dashboard to the recent patch of 7.3 and this problem has been solved.

I am happy to close this topic.

Thanks,

Nancy

photo

Well that's even better!

Thanks for letting us know.

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after, and hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks,

David

Replies have been locked on this page!