Drill through using Set Analysis

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to develop a report using Set Analysis chart, but the drill-though is not working as per the set analysis data. Attached herewith the complete scenario that i was trying.

Would be great if you can let me know your inputs on this?

Thanks,

Venu

Best Answer
photo

Hi Venu,

I tried this out for you and unfortunately the Numeric Display chart doesn't support Series Selection:

regards,

David

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your email with clear explanation of what you are trying to do.

I couldn't see the possibility of drill thru here in this scenario. I think it might be possible using Javascript charts.

I will escalate this to next level for a team member to answer on this ticket.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Thanks for your response. It would be great if you can let me know the solution/work around ASAP.

I am also facing the similar issue when i enable to "Visible Series Selection" option in Chart Settings. This option also not supporting drill-though.

Thanks,

Venu

photo
photo

Hi Venu,

the Drill-Through isn't working because it isn't following the instructions as defined in the Chart Settings->Drill Through->Drill Through Type, specifically, you should be including "Type" in your chart, but you can't because it's a Numeric Display that only accepts the one measure "Spent".

/AQ9PORMuS4riAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

My idea of a workaround for you would be to not use a chart at all, instead just use a table and aggregate "Spent" there, and increase the font size so that it looks similar to the numeric display chart. And of course, if you use a Co-Display report then you can have 3 separate tables for each "Type".

I hope this suggestion is able to fulfill your reporting requirements.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dev,

Thanks for the information. I will try this and keep you posted with the updates.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

great, hope it passes the test!

photo

Hi,

Actually my requirement is, drill through using Numeric display chart. Because i also have similar requirement using by enabling Chart> Settings> Visible series selection option, in this case i am looking drill through should work for different measure values based on the series selection.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

I tried this out for you and unfortunately the Numeric Display chart doesn't support Series Selection:

regards,

David

photo

Hi,

Can you change the Chart type to bar/pie/line chart by adding Type dimension (as per the screenshot 1.jpg). Also allow the Chart Settings >Interaction > Visible series selection (as per the screenshot 2.jpg) and then allow drill through (as per screenshot 3) then check the parameters (Spent and Actual) the drill through doesn't work here.

Can you please let me know is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

I followed those instructions and the drill through is working for me, I've attached a short video to demonstrate this.

I think the easiest way for you to see how the report is set up is to have a copy of it for yourself, so I have attached an export of it and its dependencies. This example is using the Ski Team demo database, so when you import it make sure that you don't import my Ski Team data source, and then configure my Ski Team view to point to your Ski Team data source, and it should all work nicely.

Please let me know how it goes.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David, Thanks for your detailed presentation. I am getting the attached error while importing SKI team demo .yfx file, however the attached one is working fine for as weel.

My requirement is, using parametered reports, when the report is developed as per the attachment 4.jpg in my previous reply. It would be great if you can give me a sample report using drop down instead of check box.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

the Series Selection Style has some restrictions and limitations depending on data and also chart type. This is all documented on the following Wiki page to help you set up the correct one:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73Plus/Visible+Series+Selection#VisibleSeriesSelection-MultipleSeriesDisplay

I hope that helps!

regards,

David

photo

HI David,

Thanks for sharing the link.

I had gone through the link, but i din't find any scenario for Parametarized reports using drop down option (not Checkbox) by enabling Chart Settings>Visible Series selection.

Would be great if you can make similar scenario or let me know some manual where i can get the information.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

my understanding of that wiki page is that only the pie chart (or other charts that can only display one series at a time) will offer the drop-down Series Selection Style, definitely not the Column Chart as you are using.

Sorry for the bad news.

regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Venu,

I'm still cleaning up my work list and I noticed this other ticket of yours, so I'm wondering how you got on with your report? Hopefully it all went well, if you could let us know then that would be great!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Venu,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, please let me know. If you do respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file