Conditional Formatting Gone when Exporting to XLS

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hey,

The "Conditional Formatting" menu under "Style" - contains an option to choose a Bar to show a progression bar that complies with a percentage from total / max.

When we're trying to export a report that has a conditional formatting with the Bar style, the bar's disappear and raw data appears instead.

Please see photos below.

Thanks

Dor & Tal

/AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==/71Xb8gLd6Bd5myBtFIIrFwRft8+0NqtcEb5UIvGUrI9QM31oSLWEn+0OMKEPgrRKBt1z5NyqqIRMmQ+L+BvBWr8Bbpjxb36SgQPFxoiXwVrfAW558uA0KPBx4g3rwlqk83MIDMJ6EevCWp2zc0kG9hTOAt3oF3jKUjKFmBQVKvQ+wvgVvtQi8Zcjh3qygQOn33eCtdoE3vxT35gpGFGQ113OBt7oF3lYQ4gVBToG3FYR4QZBT4G25EC8I8gq8FSHOG+IFQdBmgn8rVRf4txJ0wXiyDoG3IgTeKhF4K0LgrRKBtyIE3ioReCtCrJn+D3ZGvuoYeTLYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

I have since gone ahead and created an "Idea" for this. Please see this link.

I will go ahead and mark this problem as Resolved.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (15)

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

I have since tested this within the latest 7.2 20170404 and I can't replicate this issue when exporting to the following file format:

DOCX

PDF

XLSX

Please see that below image showing this along with the attached documents to support that this worked;

f8cc14f3b24b07d8c356b32422b8e045

Going forward with this can you confirm what version/build you used? I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark!

Our build is 7.2 20170202.

However we noticed that you used the "Cell" option in the conditional formatting, not 'Bar', and we confused with the data fields. The field should contain one of the metrics from "Athlete Payment" that sums volume in order for the Bar option to show up.

Please see the screenshot below for reference.

Best Regards,

Dor & Tal

/iDF059+k7Q9e8lBxWTyOzMU1EO9BERANNRDTQREQDTUQ00EREA01EtJecJprrDILRyUqaCI0INBHRQBMRDTQR0UATEQ00EdFAExENNBHRQBMRDTQR0UATEQ00EdFAExENNBHRQBMRDTQR0UATEW0Smt8DMoc5SFWyqtkAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

photo

Hi Tal,

Apologies for this.

I have since tested this using the options of "Bar" and I get the same results. See image below:

fa2b890819347026a2315ab68c261c59

Going forward I need to have this confirmed with the Devs to see if this is expected behaviour (limitation) or indeed a Bug as we are aware from using "Cell" this works.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

Further to my last post I have since submitted this to our Devs and we can track this with the JIRA ID of YFN-5555. I will keep you updated on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey

Any updates ?

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

As of yet we don't have any further updates on this ticket within JIRA, I will put some notes in to say you have questioned this. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark

Any update on JIRA YFN-5555?

Thanks!

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I have just checked the status of this within JIRA and no news as of yet, with this I have added some notes and raised this to High. Hopefully soon we can have some good news.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark :)

Maybe there are some news now ?

photo

Hi Tal,

Still no news, although I have gone ahead and changed this to HIGHEST Priority. I will also speak to my Team Leader to see what steps we can take next. I understand the need for this to be looked at as it's been a few months since this was originally reported. I will give you an update within 24 hours. I hope this is ok Tal.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Tal,

Just an update. I am awaiting feedback as to whether or not this is a bug or expected behvior. I will get back to you asap. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Tal,

Still no official news on this although my team leader believes this is a bug. As you know this is logged and I have changed this to be of a HIGHEST Priority. Unfortunately I can't give you any further news on this. This is still within the hands of our dev team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thank you for your keeping track on this issue, Mark :)

We will wait for an update.

Bests,

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

Apologies for not giving you any good news. Please feel free to bug me anytime on this issue.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I have since heard back from our dev team and they have informed me of the following:

This is a limitation, bar formatting is ignored in XLSX because when it was written there was no way to partially shade a cell in excel, making the bar formats useless.

The easiest thing to do is the change it so that bar formatting isn't completely ignored but is instead treated like like cell formatting.

Sorry for bringing this news to you Tal. Let me know of your views on this. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Can the process of partially color the cell can be process on an external server, then from there send the file later for download ? Maybe we can switch this topic to an idea..

Thanks

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

Thank you for updating me with the direction you would like to take this after reading that this is indeed a limitation... I think going forwards this would be great as an Idea;

Can the process of partially colour the cell can be process on an external server, then from there send the file later for download?

Would you like me to raise this as an Idea or would you be happy doing this? I can then link the Idea back to this "problem" topic. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I would like that you will raise an idea and link it to this ticket!

Thank you Mark

Bests

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

No problem I will get this sorted and notify you when I have done this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

I have since gone ahead and created an "Idea" for this. Please see this link.

I will go ahead and mark this problem as Resolved.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file