Freehand SQL Tutorial/Wiki

Mat Chabros shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Hello Yellowfin team!

How possible is to create a short tutorial on writing Freehand SQL or just to write an article how one would go about working with that option? Adding an article to the Wiki would be beneficial as well.

Happy New year!

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Mat,

yes, it should indeed be possible! I will pass that request on to our technical writing team.

And in the meanwhile, if you have any specific questions or issues with Freehand SQL please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

regards,

David

photo

Amazing news. I need to grasp the basics first before I am ready to ask Freehand SQL related questions Dave, thank you for offering your help!

But a tutorial or glossary of commands would be an outstanding help!

Thank you for taking the time to address my question!

photo

Hi Mat,

it just occurred to me that you might be talking about SQL code itself, rather than the Yellowfin Freehand SQL feature. If so, then there are many SQL tutorials available on the internet such as this one.

However, if you were indeed talking specifically about the Yellowfin Freehand SQL feature, then I think it is worth mentioning that we actually recommend using the standard Drag and Drop report builder over the Freehand SQL builder because it offers more features. I guess the Freehand SQL feature is there just in case you already have complex reports written in SQL that you want to port across to Yellowfin, or maybe there is something that you know how to do in SQL but not via the Drag and Drop builder.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Ah, no, I was referring to Yellowfin Freehand SQL. I always thought it's the opposite way - Freehand SQL giving you more possibilities for creating reports or views. In that case, I will stick to the available guns.

Thank you very much for your help, Dave!

photo
photo

no worries Mat, and if any specific questions or issues should arise during your exploration of Yellowfin then please don't hesitate to contact us!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file