Add a 'Streamlined' Browse Section

Tal Mickel shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Everytime I want to browse to a specific folder, I have to travel through the main loading phase, then the main folder loading phase and then the report's folder's loading phase. sometimes it takes me up to 5 minutes.

Its valid only in case where I'm not sure what is the report's name.

The Advanced Search option, which shows up only when you're viewing a report, is a GREAT time saver when it comes to searching a report (but not a dashboard) - since its all about drop-down lists and it never has a loading phase until I choose to load.

Can a more 'optimized' Browse section be added that doesn't require the extensive loading steps?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dor,

of course, just like the Windows Explorer model...good idea! I have raised an internal enhancement request (YFN-9391) for this.

Thanks for your input!

regards,

David

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Tal,

do you mean something like:

Yellowfin will not show the contents of any folder until you tell it to.

For example, make it that YF will only show the folder contents if you double-click the folder, whereas if you just single-click all that will happen is the folder will expand if there is a sub-folder. In other words, there will be 2 events you can do in the "By Folder" section, either expand a folder to the next sub-folder by using a single-click, or show the contents of a folder via a double-click.

Please let me know if this is something like what you were imagining.

regards,

David

photo

Hey Dave, Dor here

Not "double-click", but just like in windows' explorer - where you have arrows you can click on, and when you want to load a folder - just click on it. Then, and ONLY then it will load the content. :)

Thanks!

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor,

of course, just like the Windows Explorer model...good idea! I have raised an internal enhancement request (YFN-9391) for this.

Thanks for your input!

regards,

David

photo

Awesome ! Thank you !!

Dor& Tal

photo
photo

you're welcome!

photo

Hey David!

Is there any update for this idea?

photo

Hi Dor,

Not as yet. However there is another idea that we think makes a bit more sense for the majority of people and has been voted on a few times already:

Default folder for browse page

Would the above idea give you what you want?

This way you could have a folder set as a default, which is a fairly small folder, and from that point you get to browse to your other folders.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hey David,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Actually when I think about it, this will not solve our problem.

We have a small folder, but its inside a category. We need to load a category first, then a folder.

This is the main problem that I've described here and I think the idea that you've sent is unfortunately not a solution but feels a patch..

photo

That's a shame Dor.

Keep in mind, you can always create a new category with just a few items inside, and have it default to that. So you will not have to use a large category at all.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file