Watermark

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

As per the attached chart, is there any way to disable the Watermark data.

As per the attached screenshot the data in the Water mark is, "The chart currently contains no data".

Thanks,

Venu

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Venu,

yes, if you want to remove a watermark from your reports, then go to Administration->Content Settings->Report Settings->Public Reports->Watermark and click the X symbol to turn off the watermark.

/6T8pEXRZdSu2WtaU0AAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I hope that helps you get rid of the message "The chart currently contains Female data"!

Please let me know how it goes.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Sorry for the confusion here. The word Female is label applied in design tab. But i want to get rid of "The chart currently contains no data" watermark

In a scenario, when i choose a filter- if the data exist for the selected filter then the data is displaying, if the data doesn't exist for the selected filter criteria then the water mark is displaying.

Hope you understand the scenario.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Attached here with the screenshots with and without watermark.

photo
photo

Hi Venu,

my apologies for having got hold of the "wrong end of the stick"!

I think what you want may be achieved through the CustomCSS feature.

Please read the above wiki link and then give it a go and let me know if it works or not.

In summary you will just have to use your browser's "Inspect Element" utility to learn the class name for that message, then create a custom CSS page and add the following attribute for that class:

display: none

and then add it to the Yellowfin CustomCSS folder.

I would test this out for you myself but unfortunately my working day is just ending here. So please try it out and if there are any problems with it please let me know.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried updating the display:none, but the actual data is also disappearing.

Thanks,

Venu

photo
photo

Hi Venu,

which class did you add that attribute to? Was it "largeGreyErrorText"?

Also, a totally different approach to this matter would be to remove the error message from the ApplicationResources.properties file:

/N5iTzlJ25IODLl2lNFjtqDLtWKISoOVv2QU7nQ2lHntCIj9LS294WVKsLcXy8YC6gthgSw5HsThvVFx4Vp5JTFuoF4xJSCujRzUF8ICWXI8iAPXghgb14qrh3EG9YopAXFt5KC+EBbIkuPBBLlWns5Oeg059qBeQSA4oL4QFsiS4wFx7TSBegWB4ID6QlggS44HtIZMIBAIBMIehTHXEggEAoFAMIUB1xIIBAKBQAgFxLUEAoFAIEQL4loCgUAgEKIFcS2BQCAQCNGCuJZAIBAIhGhBXEsgEAgEQrQYcC2BQCAQCITo8P8DaL1cGsxjCmcAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

The way to do this is to unjar the file <yellowfin>\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\i4-core.jar, remove the "This chart currently contains no data" string from the ApplicationResources.properties (which is in the archive's path com/hof), and then create a new i4-core.jar file.

The one drawback to this approach however is that you would have to repeat this process every time you update Yellowfin because the i4-core.jar always gets updated.

regards,

David

photo

I am struct at unjar the file. Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

to unjar a file is just another way of saying extract an archive. So if you enter "how to extract a jar file" into your favourite search engine you will get many answers. You will find there are different ways to do it such as shown in this article, however my personal preference is for the command line approach.

Hope that helps!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Venu,

I'm in the process of cleaning up my work list and I noticed that this ticket is still open and in the "Awaiting Reply' status, so I'm just wondering how you got along with extracting the i4-core.jar and changing the message in the ApplicationResources.properties?

If you could please let us know then that would be great!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Venu,

there has been no response to my previous post to you a month ago so this ticket will be closed now.

However, if you ever want to reopen it, then all you have to do is to add a new post to it and that will automatically change the ticket's status to "In Progress" which in turn will place it back again in our work queue.

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file