Client Source Substitution to use Org Ref Codes from Client not Default

Giovanni Farris shared this problem 6 years ago
Completed

At the moment YF uses the Reference Codes from the Default Org when using Client Source Substitution and running a report in a Client Org.

Could you please make it that YF uses the Reference Codes from the Client Org when using Client Source Substitution and running a report in a Client Org.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Giovanni,

This is definitely a good enhancement request! I've raised this internally as YFN-7954. I'll report back here as soon as I see any movement (ETA, developer assignment, etc.), but let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Hi Giovanni,

A bit of an update here. As long as the RefCodeType in the DB is the same, this should already work as there is a provision in the ref code formatter for which IP org the ref codes are coming from.

Is this related to a specific use of these values? Perhaps in charting or in the color formatter we worked on a while ago?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan,

This was for Comprehend. Basically, they had a view and a ref code defined in the default org. That ref code had a query that was executed to populate the potential values. In every case, it would execute that query against the default org Datasource, instead of the client org substituted datasource.

If I understand what you are saying, if we name the Ref Code the same thing in the client, and write the script to populate it on each client, then since they are named the same it will automatically swap the ref code that is being used?

I can test that to make sure it is working like I would expect. It does add an additional burden for the ISV, but it would be a work around.

-Giovanni

photo

Hi Giovanni,

Yep, If you create these at the client org level with the same RefCodeTypes as exist at the parent org then it should replace these values. It will not adjust your ref code query to reflect the data source substitution.

Let me know if you have problems with this. We can adjust the enhancement request to reflect what you are looking for specifically, but it will probably not receive as high of a priority.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

We attempted this internally to test and weren't able to see the behavior you describe. If we create a report at the parent org level and use a ref code to define the colors, then open that same report in a client org account that has a ref code defined with the same name, the report still opens using the colors defined in the parent org reference code. Is there another step involved in getting this to work?

photo

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay here...there are in fact a couple of bugs regarding this, and I am not sure how it tested well for me last time as there is no way it should have. That said, I have it working in my dev environment... and I have raised the changes with high priority. Same ticket number.

Will keep you updated and sorry again for the inconvenience here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Jonathan,

I can provide you with a temporary work around if needed. Let me know if so and I can elaborate.

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file