Old-style views browsing

Joan Poblet shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

Hi,

We have just upgraded to the 7.3 version and we would like to know if it is possible to configure the way the views are browsed. In the 7.3 version the views are displayed with reports, dashboards... and we prefer the old way, like in the 7.2 version, managing them as a section in the Admin section.

Thank you.

Regards,

Joan.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Joan,

I agree with you! I also prefer the old way, but unfortunately for us there is no way to configure the way the views are browsed.

I guess you could raise this request as an Idea if it is important to you.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Joan,

We also miss the old style of managing the views.

We have setup a sub content category just for views so they aren't scattered everywhere. Might be worthwhile setting up something similar.

+1 for brining back the old style tho!

photo

Hi Joan,

Actually I think it might be best if I convert this current "Question" into an "Idea", that way we won't lose Simon's and my votes!

regards,

David

photo

Cheers David!

photo

OK, and I've raised an internal enhancement request (YFN-9336) for this Idea and linked GEC and Toustone to it (and anyone else in the future who votes for this)

Dave

photo

Many thanks David!

photo

you're welcome!

photo

Hi Joan & Simon,

Hope things have been well over there!

Just letting you know that after some discussion we can safely say we're not going back to the old method of browsing views.

All content can be browsed and searched from the browse page.

I understand this can be a bit difficult to get accustomed to, though once you've found a good system for grouping/managing content, you will find it more of a seamless and quicker experience.

If you ever wanted to revisit this, or had anything else we could help you with, please let us know.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

We have adjusted to new system. Not a problem for us anymore :)

Kind Regards,

Simon

photo

Thanks for the update Simon , much appreciated!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file