How to use "Different from" filter

Kalaiselvan shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I need to exclude only two values from the field (not equal), when i try to use "Different from" filter by using Defined Value option, i can't choose more then one value? How should i select multiple value for not equal filter option?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The "Different from" filter logic takes a single argument to compare against. It's essentially "is not equal to".

If you're looking to return results excluding multiple specified values, you'll want to use "Not In List" as your filter logic. This allows you to specify which values not to show.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your response. I tried to use "Not In List" filter logic, but when i choose the option, the font colour changes as Red.

Have attached the screenshot for your reference. Could you please have a look and confirm is this fine or is there anything needs to be fixed.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for the reply. The red font is purely cosmetic and doesn't indicate an error or issue with this configuration. If you're providing hard-coded filter values, simply click 'Defined Value' and you will be prompted with a list of choices available for that field:

ba15560cf4411c09f18958767f444682

Simply highlight the fields you do not want displayed and test your report.

Does this work for you?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks again. But when i choose Defined value, i can't see the list of values that is available in the respective field. I can see the box to enter manual input for Defined value option. Is this because anything needs to be done from administration level settings?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

If you know the values you want to prevent from showing, you can manually enter them here. Alternatively, you can choose 'Search Values' as shown below:

c71b26d2bf8dfdc05aaab4df829f6698

I also want to let you know of some additional resources we have available to help further your Yellowfin knowledge, if you don't know already. We have the Yellowfin Wiki, which details various processes from Data Source to Report Building. We also have the Yellowfin University, at which you can register and take structured lessons on how to use Yellowfin. And lastly, which you seem to have found already, the Yellowfin Community. The Community is where you can find various knowledge base articles and open tickets with Support. These resources are all available to help you succeed in using Yellowfin.

Does the above screenshot answer your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for response. It works when i use filter directly to the fields, like that you mentioned in the screenshot.

Also, thanks again for your inputs about the other sources for Yellowfin knowledge update.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Happy to help! I'm glad this assisted with guiding you towards your desired result. I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file