User-selectable drill-through report display type

Jonathan Allen shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Currently drill-throughs can either be a pop-up or be set to open as a full report. This suggestion is to have another option where the user can choose how they want the drill-through to open.

Furthermore, add another option to "open in new browser tab" so that the original report/dashboard tab is still visible in the original window.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jonathan,

I have raised an internal enhancement request (YFN-9244) for this because it sounds like a good idea to me!

Thanks very much for your input.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks David!

photo
photo

Hi Jonathan,

you're welcome!

And also, you may be interested to know that your second request ("open in new browser tab") was already raised a year ago (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-simultaniously-viewdit-multiple-reports-and-dash-boards) and has an internal enhancement request ID of YFN-9274

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,Actually I think what I'm referring to is much simpler. I don't mean render a full folder of reports, I just mean land the user in browse mode but already with a specific category folder (or tag) selected. Right now I believe the only option is to bring the user to the browse all page with "All" selected in the "By Folder" navigation on the left. Is there a way to link a user directly to a specific tag listing, content folder, or search result listing via URL endpoint currently? If not, this is the idea I would like to request.

photo

Hi Jonathan,

would you mind copying and pasting your latest post to your other Idea? (I could do it for you except for the fact that it would be under my name)

regards,

David

photo

Whoops! Sorry about that - got my posts mixed up. I copied that post to the correct topic.

photo

no worries, thanks for doing that!

photo
photo

Was this ever implemented for maps?

Because I've used this on several line graphs. But I can't get it to work with maps.

photo

Hi Daniel,

I'm a little confused on what you're referring to. These Idea's have not been implemented yet.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi there,

An update on this one: this was marked as duplicate by the dev team and implemented under this idea:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-simultaniously-viewdit-multiple-reports-and-dash-boards

I'll mark this as completed.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file