Can not export report content to CSV and TXT in Dashboard Report Menu

Otis Wang shared this problem 7 years ago
Defect Fixed

Can not export report content to CSV and Text in Dashboard Report Menu,but all formats are available in maximized view mode.

• CSV
  • DOCX
  • PDF
  • Text
  • XLSX

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Otis,

generally speaking, if a report contains both a chart and a table then all 5 export options will be available, however, if there is only a chart then the CSV and Text options won't be available because it is not possible to render a chart in a plain text file or a comma separated values file (and this includes if the dashboard tab is showing the chart by default and not the table when a report has both chart and table).

If the above description does not apply to your dashboard tab then this may be a bug. Could you please tell us what your report and dashboard contain (maybe it would be easier just to show some screenshots), and also tell us what version and build of Yellowfin you are using, then we can try and replicate the issue over here.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your support.

It seems that ‘export report to CSV’ is available inDashboard report menu if you change the view mode from Chart to Table andthen refresh the dashboard.But I also can not see "export to text" option.detail pls see the attached snapshot.

Comment:

YF Server version:7.2 20161024bld

Issue2:

In our production environment,I can not see "share" and "Information" under Dashboard report menu. I think it maybe need a additional configuration options to hide them.could you please tell how to hide the "share" and "Information" button in Dashboard report menu?

photo
photo

Issue2 is fixed on check on 'Distribute Reports' and check off 'hide Report Details(report) on roles setting of Report Menu.

So the remaining problem is:

1. can not see 'export to CSV' option when changing report view from Chart to Table in dashboard.It need to refresh dashboard and then you can see it.

2. can not see 'export to text' option even if I change the view mode from Chart to Table and then refresh the dashboard.

photo

Hi Otis,

a product defect has been raised for this issue so that it gets fixed, its ID is YFN-4575.

Thanks for alerting us to it and apologies for the inconvenience caused by it.

regards,

David

photo

Hello Otis,

Some good news!

This issue has been fixed and is available in the current builds of Yellowfin.

Please upgrade to get access to this fix.

Best regards,

Pete

Leave a Comment

Attach a file