Add custom icons for dashboard

Murali Mohan Velpula shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

I need to add some custom icons which are specific to my industry/company.

How can I add them into yellowfin ,so i can select them as icons while designing my reports/dashboards.

How can we add the custom font icons ,can you let us know how to add them.

Thanks

Murali

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Murali,

I hope all is well,

We have a few areas in which we can restyle Yellowfin. I would highly recommend looking at the below links to assist with this:

Overall Restyling | Report Restyling

If you have any further questions relating to this, please do not hesitate to contact me, I will be more than happy to assist where I can. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

I am not still clear how can we add custom widgets/icons other than default icon list.

For example : Lets say I need a widget/icon in designing report other the below icons. Because my company has some standard icons specific to contact center. I need to use them as per their requirements. So what type of format/file should we need to add them in yellowfin libraries.

a3eed00ec09bb1112ade65fd543a091a

Please guide through the steps to add those .

Thanks

Murali

photo

Hi Murali,

Thank you for clearing this up. To my knowledge I don't think this is possible, as I believe the icons are hard coded into Yellowfin without them having a location in our installation files... As a work around I would like to suggest the following:

We can upload our specific icons/images that we want through images; jpg,jpeg, png.

1. Navigate to Administration > Images and Maps
  2. Add an image (icon)6193b92b620013a4de26af0c1454f178
  3. Navigate to the report in question.
  4. Instead of selecting Shape Widgets, select Image Widgets, this will then allow you to add your uploaded image/icon (drag and drop). We can actually manually upload at this point as well.09d1218b0b15d82b9f845724a07be7be
  5. As you can see, we can use these images in a similar way to the icons.dea09acd1314810d6bdb689f872f896c

I hope this helps Murali, if not let me know and I will see what other options we have, although I do believe this is the only way forward at present time. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark.

Yeah I had the same approach as an alternative.I will try to manage with this option for time being.Hope in future releases if Yellowfin we can have an option to add custom icons.

Thanks,

Murali

photo

Hi Murali,

Thank you for understanding. This workaround should work well for now... With this I will go ahead and mark this Question as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file