Multiple reports in single dashboard canvas

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Is there any way to adjust two different reports in a single dashboard block(as attached here).

When i dragged and dropped two different reports in two different blocks (in dashboard) then the space between two different reports is little more where as my requirement is to reduce space.

Thanks,

Venu

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Venu,

I hope all is well,

Would you be referring to my below images; as you can see I have marked the gap with a red line to show what area of the dashboard you would like to customise/shrink in size.

56444083bb7f7278fea85c799c5381f5

105c83602162534e876d28d56bae7402

If this is correct to what you are referring to, I'm afraid I don't come with good news. Unfortunately this is not an area that is customisable. I can however tell you that we are planning to re-write the current dashboard functionality to mirror the new report canvas functionality (found in v7.3).

This will give you the ability to create your own 'blank' canvas concept and create whatever you can come up with...removing the boundaries the system currently has.

I hope this helps Venu.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for quick response. This is what i am looking referring (shrinking red colored space).

Is there any way that we can drop two different reports in single Dashboard block (as per the attachment in my first email).

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

Yes and No, although I think the results are a little different to what you are expecting... as you can see from the below image we have different dashboard layouts. You can drag and drop individual reports in to a layout in accordance to what you have selected.

For example, I have gone with a dashboard showing 2 columns, I then have the option to drag and drop to get the view as you can see from the layout. However it will not include it in the same block, it will add it under the block as a new block but the layout will remain in accordance to what you selected.

e8e26cc15d40f8d2ae430228bef670c9

a9745e0b18213b9bba79ecbed20216fd

Essentially the block is there to guide you on where to drop reports.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Correct Mark. It would be great :), if a single block can allow more than one report.

photo

Hi Venu,

Well as of yet this is not possible, although as I did mention in one of my previous posts we are in the process of re-writing our dashboard. I would highly recommend checking in every now and then for updates on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark.

photo

Hi Venu,

No problem, pleased I could assist.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file