Filter selection display at top of the dashboard

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have dashboard with 5 different filters. My requirement is, when i do some filter section, the selected filter values should display at the top of the dashboard (or somewhere in the dashboard) in text format.

As per the attached screenshot, the filter selection is, Region--> DFB, Station--> Tanda, Unchahar, Observation Period--> Last Calendar Year, Month-->Sep-2017. This selection should display somewhere in the dashboard in text format. Is there any way to display this?

Thanks,

Venu

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Venu,

It is possible to do this but only at the report level.

Unfortunately, dashboards, due to their design they already have this list (filter list on the left of your image).

In the report however, you can enable this:

open the filter section in "data" tab and enable the "Display Filter Values" to top or bottom

/A7GsDs7wQi72AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

For each filter in place you can turn on/off the display of that filter by enabling/disabling "Display in Filter Legend":

/cvbv31+clZIpFAIQgAAEIAABCEAAAhCoFAHCYCqFj8wQgAAEIAABCEAAAhDIHgHEevbYUjIEIAABCEAAAhCAAAQqRQCxXil8ZIYABCAAAQhAAAIQgED2CCDWs8eWkiEAAQhAAAIQgAAEIFApAoj1SuEjMwQgAAEIQAACEIAABLJHALGePbaUDAEIQAACEIAABCAAgUoRQKxXCh+ZIQABCEAAAhCAAAQgkD0CiPXssaVkCEAAAhCAAAQgAAEIVIoAYr1S+MgMAQhAAAIQgAAEIACB7BFArGePLSVDAAIQgAAEIAABCECgUgT+PxwiKcPnMAZCAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This will not display directly in the dashboard, however, if you open the report or set the report to be a pop-up, these filter values will be displayed in the report.

Further information about filters and formatting can be found here:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Filter+Formatting

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the update.

I been using the filter display option in Report level, but as per the current requirement i am looking at Dashboard level. Is there any workaround solution for this?

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

I'm sorry to say that at this time, there are no work arounds for this issue at the dashboard level.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Best regards,

Pete

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file