Border to Reports column headings

Venu Gopal K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

In Data format options, i see borders can be applied on Data part but not for the column headings. It would be great if you can let me know the option to apply borders to column headings?

As per the attached screenshot, the column headings are, Status, KPI, Actual......

Thanks,

Venu

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Venu,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The mentioned screenshot didn't seem to make it through, however I'll provide an answer based on the question as I understand it.

In the 'Report Formatting' menu, you will find all possible styling configurations for a report:

35fd968e7afeb3c3ccd767d49d69843e

This is accessible while on the 'Data' tab of the report builder.

While it's possible to apply some styling options to your Column headings under 'Column & Row Headings' here, it's not possible to apply Borders to only your Column heading at present.

The Border options are as shown:

4d3ba0f10f65c72b962dc40bb884af50

And apply borders to the entire table, including the Column Headings. In example, the above settings net in the following result:

01d17b31f8179019f66873b9060ea5dd

That being said, it is possible to change the background color of your Column Headings using the 'Column & Row Headings' area if that works for you.

c70a5bf51d74995fa8a7e4f19bcfa18d

It's not currently possible to apply a border at this level, however.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. But here i am looking for applying borders to Column&Row headings, but you mentioned as "currently not possible". If possible can you take it as an 'Idea' to implement this in upcoming versions.

Thanks,

Venu

photo

Hi Venu,

Absolutely! I've gone ahead and submitted your Idea for this functionality. You can monitor the status of this here. I'll go ahead and mark this post as Answered so further tracking can be done via the Idea post.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file