Canvas output access

Mat Chabros shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Good afternoon,

It seems I do not have access to the canvas/output option while creating a report, I do remember having it, one of my co-workers has it as well - strangely enough, I don't.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Best wishes,

Mat

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Mat,

Thanks for reaching out with your question.

In Yellowfin 7.3, the 'Output' tab has been replaced with the 'Design' tab. Also worth noting is that you won't actually see the canvas on this step unless you have a multi-chart report.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Indeed it does, thank you very much, what I am trying to achieve is to insert a logo as a report so I can use it on top of my dashboard, because I struggle to find a different method of including this on one of my dashboards.

The other solution I came up with is a bit "hacky" as I am using the raster maps & images option to create a logo, but unfortunately it does not look good...

photo

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the reply. Another good possibility would be to trigger Yellowfin to show the Canvas. We can do this with the following process:

1. Create your report with the required Data.
  2. Move to the 'Charts' tab and create your desired chart.
  3. After creating your chat, click the '+' button in the bottom right to create a new, empty chart:97004967f84532877a14938a15c59ec3
  4. Now, move to the 'Design' step. This should give you the full Canvas functionality.

5. You'll first want to drag in your Chart with the Chart Widget button, and configure the size accrodingly:
    688e3dcb64f3d768897e2dd548d30280
  6. Next, we have the ability to add images to the Canvas. You can access this feature by clicking the 'Image Widgets' button:dd1edd495a98c84161db2fc12cdb548e
  7. This will allow you to display your logo as desired.

Give this a try and let me know if it helps you achieve your desired results.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

That's awesome! Thank you very much!

photo

Hi Mat,

Happy to help! I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered. Don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file